Watertown HVAC Tech
November 16, 2020 at 12:26 pm #38621Lori KabelParticipant
WATERTOWN PUBLIC BUILDINGS WATERTOWN, MASSACHUSETTS
Position: HVAC Technician (SEIU Local 888)
Salary range: Per CBA Salary Schedule ($54K – $66K)
<u>SUMMARY</u>: The HVAC technician provides heating, ventilation and air conditioning support to the Director; responsible for performing skilled level HVAC work in the installation, alteration, maintenance, and repair of HVAC systems and equipment in accordance with standards practice of the HVAC trade to the school and town’s public buildings. Performs other related work or other maintenance requirements as required.
<u>ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES</u>: The essential functions or duties listed below are illustrations of the type of work that is performed and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for by this position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Other duties may be assigned.
- Installs, alters, maintains, and repairs HVAC systems, components and equipment, such as air distributions systems, pumps, motors, fan coils, pipping etc and appliances to ensure a comfortable environment for teaching and learning.
- Inspect HVAC systems, equipment, and components (e.g. heating units, building exhaust fans, and ventilation units) to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair to ensure compliance with codes.
- Fabricates equipment parts for the purpose of meeting specialty needs and/or replacing unavailable parts.
- Analyzes and adjusts pneumatic control systems, Metasys by Johnson Controls and Building Automation systems (BAS) and controls
- Performs routine and preventative maintenance needs for the purpose of ensuring the ongoing functioning of HVAC systems.
- Monitors, documents and files information on preventive maintenance HVAC equipment and machinery
- Diagnoses/Trouble-shoot malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Understands and can edit one line diagrams for controls.
- Locates and adjusts defects in HVAC systems, equipment and controls.
- Maintains accurate inventory of all equipment and HVAC resources.
- Estimates labor or material costs/amounts from blueprints or work plans.
- Expresses ideas on technical problems clearly and concisely orally and in writing in the English language.
- Complies with laws and regulations regarding safety and adhere to all safety guidelines.
- Complies with state codes, fire codes and OSHA.
- Complies with all Rules and Regulations from local, state, or federal guidelines.
- Advises management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
- Uses and cares for hand tools and equipment necessary to perform various HVAC repairs tasks
- Performs emergency work; responds to emergencies
- Must be able to work on HVAC systems independently, as well as with a group of other technicians
- Coordinates with custodian staff and other trades for the purpose of completing projects and work orders efficiently
- Performs other similar or related work as required, or as situation dictates
- Maintains current HVAC licenses or identification card to meet governmental regulations.
- Performs additional job-related maintenance duties as assigned by the Director of Public Buildings
<u>EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE</u>: High school or vocational school diploma, with advanced technical training
<u>Additional Requirements: </u>Valid Massachusetts Drivers License, Refrigeration Technician License, CFC/EPA Certification, & Basic Computer skills (Microsoft office, email, and database entry)
<u>Experience</u>: Job related experience with increasing level of responsibility desired, Minimum of two years of relevant experience (five years preferred), Trouble shooting experience a must, Freon handling certificate preferred, Experience/knowledge in pneumatic HVAC controls, Experience/knowledge of HVAC construction and maintenance, Experience/knowledge of occupational hazards and necessary safety precautions, or Equivalent combination of education and experience
<u>Clearances:</u> Criminal Justice/Fingerprint Clearance
If interested, send resume to Lori Kabel at Lori.Kabel@watertown.k12.ma.us
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.