Town of Natick Director of Facilities Management/Strategic Capital Partnerships
April 18, 2019 at 11:41 am #35514Ken Wertz, MFAA ExecKeymaster
The Town of Natick is looking for its next Director of Facilities Management/Strategic Capital Partnerships. This key position develops and oversees the proper maintenance of and safety in all public buildings (Town, School, and Public Safety). The Director will provide regular updates to the Superintendent regarding the upkeep, cleanliness, and maintenance of school facilities as well as for all school building projects. The Director must coordinate custodial services, assignment, and school facility maintenance with the Principal and/or designee. In addition, The Director will work with Town Administration to ensure strategic objectives are met for groups contracting for Town buildings and services. Works under the day-to-day supervision of the Town Administrator in collaboration with the School Superintendent. The Town Administrator and the School Superintendent shall be responsible for development of goals for the Director and evaluation of performance in the achievement of said goals.
Some of the essential functions of the job are:
Carries out policies of the Board of Selectmen and the School Committee as directed by the Deputy Town Administrator for Operations, Town Administrator and the Superintendent of Schools.
- Develops and maintains a multi-year capital improvement plan and maintenance program for all town buildings; oversees execution of approved projects and implements a system to prioritize maintenance projects.
- Oversees all municipal and school construction projects, including any approved new school or repair projects approved by the MSBA. Will attend evening meetings related to any general government or school construction projects and keep Town Administrator and Superintendent apprised of status.
- Assumes responsibility for the comprehensive overall planning and scheduling and monitoring of maintenance and repair requirements of the Town’s buildings.
- Establishes appropriate preventive maintenance plan and schedule, security systems and procedures, and custodial requirements for each building and installation.
- Tours buildings and meets regularly with senior custodian and principal or building manager to ensure service level is adequate
- Working with the Town’s Procurement Officer, determines and establishes detailed bid and quote specifications pertaining to purchase of supplies, materials, equipment, and contract work; oversees the acquisition, storage and issuance of all custodian and maintenance materials, supplies and equipment
- Prepares and administers the approved budget for facility maintenance, safety and security including supplies, equipment and personnel.
- Supervises and inspects the improvement and renovation work performed by outside contractors, and verifies that the terms of all such contracts have been fulfilled before authorizing final payments; ensures that all contract work is procured in accordance with state law and Town procurement policies.
- Oversees the recruitment, employment, assignment, transfer, promotion, demotion, or dismissal of custodian and maintenance personnel according to terms of the collective bargaining agreement and subject to the approval of the Town Administrator or Superintendent of Schools. Assists with preparation for collective bargaining, makes recommendations for collective bargaining agreement modifications; administers provisions of collective bargaining agreement.
- Evaluates the Maintenance Manager, Custodial Supervisor, Project Manager and Special Assistant to the Director.
- Organizes and implements an orientation program on proper operation and maintenance of building facilities for custodial and maintenance personnel; develops and conducts a continuing program of staff training and personnel development as appropriate for departmental activities and staff. Oversees vacation schedules for all direct reports.
- Oversees all aspects of maintenance and operations of HVAC and other applicable building systems.
- Conducts a comprehensive and detailed cost analysis program of facility expenditures to assist annual forecast of expenditures.
- Performs miscellaneous managerial and technical duties as requested or required.
- Attends Facility Management Oversight Committee, Board of Selectmen, Finance Committee and School Committee meetings and other meetings as required or requested by the Town Administrator or School Superintendent.
- Independently travels to various work related locations.
- Act as a liaison with entities with contractual relationships to the Town, including but not limited to entities who hold licenses and leases with the Town.
The ideal candidate would have the following qualifications:
Education and Experience: or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience, which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Over ten (10) years’ experience in facilities management (at least five (5) of which shall be supervisory experience).
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in engineering, business, or a related field, or equivalent job experience.
- Certified Facility Administrator (CFA) and Mass. Certified Public Purchasing Official (MCPPO) desirable.
- Supplemental courses, training and/or education in a related field are highly desirable.
- Must possess a valid Class D State Driver’s License.
The Town of Natick offers a complete benefits package to include a competitive pay, pension plan, 12 paid holidays, vacation pay, employee assistance program, and educational assistance program along with medical and dental insurances.
Interested candidates are required to submit a cover letter, resume and/or application along with three professional references to the Director of Human Resources, Town of Natick, 13 East Central Street, MA. 01760 or by email at email@example.com.
Salary: $120,000.00 to $130,000.00 /year
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.