Northbridge Director of Facilities
May 23, 2018 at 8:46 am #33846Paul HalacyParticipant<h1>DIRECTOR OF FACILITIES</h1>
<h3>Northbridge Public Schools ( learn more )</h3>
<h3>Whitinsville , Massachusetts ( map )
<iframe src=”https://www.facebook.com/plugins/like.php?href=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.SchoolSpring.com%2Fjob.cfm%3Fjid%3D2943327&ref=www.schoolspring.com&width=450&layout=standard&action=recommend&show_faces=false&share=false&height=35″ frameborder=”0″ scrolling=”no”></iframe></h3><button>Apply for this job!</button><button class=”addthis_button”>Tell a friend</button><button>Print job</button>
- Job ID: 2943327
- Application Deadline: June 1, 2018
- Posted : May 22, 2018
- Starting Date: July 1, 2018
<h2>Job Description</h2>1. Serve as a member of the District’s Leadership Team. As a member of the Leadership Team, he/she shall assist fellow administrators in providing leadership for the School District, represent the Superintendent as appropriate at official school and community functions, inform the Superintendent of changes in trends, laws, rules, or regulations in his/her areas of expertise, and provide regular, biweekly reports to the Superintendent of his/her activities, and as requested. The Director in conjunction with, and with the approval of, the Superintendent shall develop annual job goals that will become part of the criteria used to evaluate the Director.
2. Develop recommendations for appropriate facilities related policies to provide for the most cost-effective management of facilities related matters and services necessary to a productive teaching and learning environment in the District.
3. Direct all district facilities and grounds management and planning functions.
4. Work cooperatively with various organizations concerned with facilities and grounds issues, including all local, state and federal regulatory agencies, boards, and commissions.
5. Develop and implement the district preventative maintenance program for district facilities and grounds, including training custodial and maintenance staff.
6. Recommend the strategic facility and grounds planning activities of the district, including supervision of the implementation of such plans.
7. Plan, assign, schedule and oversee the management of all facilities and grounds, including all maintenance and repair work including negotiating and supervising contractors regarding construction and major and minor repairs to district facilities and buildings while maintaining a high standard of safety, cleanliness and efficiency.
8. Serve in a lead capacity to diagnose facility and grounds problems, provides prescriptive strategies to address such problems, and supervises the implementation of the prescriptive plans, including planning to utilize district resources and staff to best solve the problem.
9. Interview, recommend for hire, supervise and evaluate all custodial staff, maintenance staff, and groundskeepers including providing recommendations for personnel action to the Superintendent.
10. Supervise and direct the maintenance of necessary records, including contracts, financial accounts, budgets, audits, purchasing, federal, state and local reports related to district facilities and grounds.
11. Identify, plan, and organize facilities and grounds maintenance management activities.
12. Respond to emergencies and outages in a timely manner.
13. Develop and manage the annual budget for all school facilities, structures, grounds, maintenance, equipment, vehicles, and capital projects.
14. Ensure security and safety systems are intact, operational and followed. Maintain a system of building security to ensure all schools have the necessary resources to be secured during the school day, and are being secured on non-school days and at other times as assigned. Maintain a key inventory and manage the key fob entry system. Work with technology staff and building principals to maintain the security camera system.
15. Assist the Leadership Team with the continued monitoring of school safety plans and ALICE procedures.
16. Maintain a building fire safety systems including warning and suppression subsystems to include ensuring that the building’s fire safety systems are operational at all times.
17. Maintain an inventory and recommend the purchase and stocking of necessary supplies, tools, and equipment needed to maintain the school facilities.
18. Maintain blueprints, equipment records, and registration records on all school facilities and vehicles including copies of all building equipment warranties, manuals and technical bulletins.
19. Oversee the registration, insurance, and maintenance of all school vehicles.
20. Oversee all facility, grounds, or vehicle insurance claims including ensuring incident reports are filed with the insurance company, working with the insurance adjuster to evaluate losses and assess repairs and replacements required.
21. Regularly perform and report on routine inspections of facilities to proactively identify and bring to resolution areas in need of attention so as to improve the health, safety, operations and appearance of the facilities.
22. Prepare reports, memorandums and other documentation necessary to complete assigned duties to include incident reports, corrective actions, etc.
23. Coordinate with Town departments and public works staff as appropriate. Take action to safeguard building assets during power or boiler failure. Assist in the operation of emergency shelters when contacted by Town, Fire or Police departments. Respond or coordinate response to alarms when received.
24. Monitor and advise the Superintendent on snow related delays and closures. Oversee snow removal activities at all sites and ensure snow removal from all buildings’ exits and bus loading areas.
25. Serve as the representative of the School Committee to the Safety Committee and other committees as required and requested.
26. Prepare and maintain a detailed facility and grounds capital plan, an equipment long range capital plan, and a furniture inventory and replacement plan.
27. Work with the Massachusetts School Building Authority as necessary and as directed by the Superintendent.
28. Conduct any other duties and responsibilities as directed by the Superintendent of Schools, including attending evening school committee meetings, subcommittee meetings and municipal meetings as requested.
- Position Type: Full-time
- Positions Available: 1
- Job Categories : Administrator > Director/Coordinator/Manager
Administrator > Facilities
Support Staff > Maintenance
<h2>Equal Opportunity Employer</h2>
Northbridge Public Schools is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
- 1. The Director shall possess experience in business, engineering, or facilities management and possess at least three years of experience in an educational facilities planning or management position or other related field.
2. The Director shall possess particular experience in the areas of buildings and grounds planning/management, oversight of facilities, negotiation and supervision of contractors, and authorship of bid specifications related to facility needs
3. The Director shall demonstrated knowledge of all aspects of providing maintenance services to a complex of buildings.
4. The Director shall possess general mechanical skills with knowledge in all areas of building maintenance such as electrical, lighting, heating/ventilation, plumbing and all other mechanical systems found in schools.
5. The Director shall possess other qualities of academic, professional, and personal experience that the Superintendent may specify.
- At least 3 year s of relevant experience preferred
- Citizenship, residency OR WORK VISA IN United States required
- Kristi Boucher , Supervisor of Administrative Services
- 87 Linwood Avenue
- Whitinsville, Massachusetts 01588
- Phone: (508) 234-8156 x5
- Email: click here
<p class=”small-disclaimer-text”>The content you submit, offer, contribute, attach, post, or display (each a “Submission”) will viewed by other users of the service who may or may not be accurately representing who they are or who they represent. Do not include any sensitive data in your submissions. Any submission or any use or reliance on any content or materials posted via the service or obtained by you through the use of the service is at your own risk. “Sensitive data” for purposes of this section means social security or other government-issued identification numbers, medical or health information, account security information, individual financial account information, credit/debit/gift or other payment card information, account passwords, individual credit and income information or any other sensitive personal data as defined under applicable laws.</p>
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.