Norfolk Public Schools Full Time Evening Custodian
October 29, 2019 at 9:22 am #36309Matt HaffnerParticipant
Full Time Evening Custodian
2:30 – 10:30 PM
Monday – Friday
To provide staff, public, and volunteers with a safe, attractive, clean, comfortable and efficient place in which to work learn and meet.
<u>Education and Unique Experience:</u>
- High School or Trade School Diploma
- Demonstrated aptitude for successful fulfillment of assigned responsibilities
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Director may find appropriate and acceptable
- Employment contingent on a satisfactory background checks.
<u>Specific duties include:</u>
Cleans school building as assigned by Facilities Director or Facilities Manager
- Keeps buildings and premises, including sidewalks, driveways and play areas neat, clean and clear at all times of rubbish and debris.
- On–call availability for emergency maintenance issues such as pipe bursts, snow/ice removal
- Checks door locking mechanisms for proper operation and to ensure the security of the buildings
- Performs landscaping tasks such as weeding, edging, tree trimming, and mulching to maintain the grounds adjacent to the buildings in a safe and attractive manner
- Promptly reports major repairs/damage to either the Facilities Director and/or the Facilities Manager
- Assists with the maintenance of mechanical and HVAC equipment, and promptly reports concerns or malfunctions to the Facilities Director or Facilities Manager
- Participates in regular training as directed by the Facilities Director
- Performs assigned tasks given by digital work order system, documents status of assignment
- Performs painting, light building repairs, event setup/breakdown
- Close buildings at the end of workday. Duties to include
- Extinguishing all lights except safety lighting
- Ensuring doors and windows are secure and locked
- Enabling security alarms and promptly reporting building security issues to the Facilities Director or the Facilities Manager
- Maintains organized, fully stocked and safe supply rooms and reports each location’s inventory of custodial supplies to Facilities Manager
- Moves furniture and/or equipment as required by the Facilities Director or the Facilities Manager
- Complies with local laws and procedures for the storage and disposal of trash, rubbish, chemicals, waste
- Performs other tasks as required by the Facilities Director, Facilities Manager, or Facilities Manager or school principals.
For immediate consideration:
Please submit letter of intent and a summary of qualifications to call Roxanne Verdeaux, HR Director 508-528-1266 X 1229
Or email – email@example.com
Norfolk Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, sex, religion, disability, national origin or sexual orientation or gender identity or homelessness.
December 5, 2018
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.