Needham DPW Facility Operations Shift Supervisor
December 3, 2018 at 4:42 pm #34718Ken Wertz, MFAA ExecKeymaster
Town of Needham
Department of Public Works
Title: Facility Operations Shift Supervisor
Position: Full-time (40 hours per week)
Annual Salary Range: $64,369.50 – $80,691.00
Hours: 2-10 PM (Monday – Friday)
The Town of Needham seeks an energetic and engaged individual to fill the full-time position of Facility Operations Shift Supervisor. Under the supervision of the Director of Building Maintenance, the Facility Operations Shift Supervisor will supervise and direct the work of night custodial and trades personnel on an assigned shift in all schools and municipal buildings.
Duties and Responsibilities (these duties are a general summary and not all inclusive):
- Schedule and assign work to custodial staff and oversee work of the trades staff
- Generate work orders as needed and oversee work order implementation process
- Serve as liaison to facilitate efficient and coordinated interfaces between maintenance operations and school principals, Town building authorities, and all building user groups
- Visit and inspect all buildings and grounds on a regular basis to access the cleanliness, building maintenance , building safety and security procedures, and general personnel issues
- Provide oversight for contracted services as assigned
- Oversee the purchasing, procuring, inventory control and distribution of all equipment, materials and supplies used by custodial and trades staff
- Assist in the preparation of the annual Building Maintenance operating and capital budgets
- Provide assistance to Town and School committees, boards, and other groups as requested by the Director
To be considered for this position, applicants must have at least:
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of experience as a facility plant and operations manager, custodial services supervisor, housekeeping manager, secondary school senior custodian, trades management, or directly related position
- Associate’s Degree in management, engineering, or similar discipline (education may be substituted for two (2) years of the required experience)
- Thorough and practical knowledge of custodial and trades procedures
- Direct supervisory experience
- MA Driver’s License
- Construction experience
How to Apply:
Please send your cover letter, resume and Town of Needham Employment Application (http://www.needhamma.gov/DocumentCenter/Home/View/766 ) in the following ways:
Mail: Human Resources Department, 1471 Highland Avenue, Needham, MA 02492.
Applications will be accepted until 5 PM on Tuesday, December 18, 2018.
The Town of Needham is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.