Lexington Plumber – Class 30 posting
August 1, 2019 at 12:48 pm #35839Ken Wertz, MFAA ExecKeymaster
TITLE: Plumber – Class 30
Reports To: Director of Public Facilities or Designee
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 12 month (260 days) with benefits and salary in accordance the SEIU
Local 888 collective bargaining agreement.
Monday – Friday, 9:30am – 6:00pm. 40 hours per week. $27.4382 – $32.6983 per hour.
• Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
• Maintain a safe driving record
• Five (5) years of experience in the plumbing trade.
• Possess a current Massachusetts Journeyman Plumbing License.
Master License preferred.
• Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal record check (CORI),
Sexual Offender Registry (SORI), SAFIS finger printing and a pre-placement medical exam with
• Thorough knowledge of all codes pertaining to the maintenance and installation of plumbing
• Expertise with all matters relating to plumbing, heating, gas fitting, sprinklers, and sewer related
• Demonstrated ability to perform a wide variety of skilled plumbing tasks using hand or power
tools, and related equipment to maintain buildings and equipment as detailed in the performance
responsibilities listed below.
• Possess basic computer skills, including ability to perform simple word processing and send/
receive email and ability to access internet programs, or willingness and ability to be trained on
• Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
• Ability to perform basic math, understand written procedures, write routine documents, and
speak clearly; and understand multi-step written and oral instructions.
To maintain a safe, comfortable and functional environment in all town and school buildings in a cost
effective, customer oriented manner that helps the town fulfill its mission of service to its residents and
protects the capital investment made by the town in public facilities.
Maintenance functions include routine and emergency repairs and scheduled preventive services for all
building systems, weekend building checks, and on call services.
General Performance Responsibilities:
1. Perform all emergency repairs to town buildings and equipment.
2. Perform preventative maintenance inspections.
3. Keep Supervisor informed of the progress of the work and any significant developments as they
4. Keep all work areas free and clear of debris.
5. Perform building security checks including boiler and refrigeration equipment.
6. Perform miscellaneous related duties as required by the Director of Facilities
Primary Performance Responsibilities:
1. Install plumbing and piping in new areas when necessary.
2. Replace or repair any necessary plumbing pipes, fixtures and drainage, etc.
3. Maintain, on a regular schedule, all motors and other mechanical equipment requiring preventive
Shift Type Full-Time
Salary Range Hourly
Applications Accepted: https://lps.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx
Start Date 07/26/2019
End Date 08/02/2019
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.