Head of Buildings and Grounds – Sandwich Public Schools
April 15, 2019 at 2:07 pm #35497Ken Wertz, MFAA ExecKeymaster
The Head of Buildings and Grounds reports to the Director of Finance and Business Operations, and is responsible for the management of the district’s buildings and grounds operations to include planning, scheduling, and oversight of work requests, building repairs, preventive maintenance, inventory control and purchasing, and supervision of maintenance and grounds staff members. This position oversees and implements preventive maintenance programs for the districts mechanical, electrical, and security and HVAC systems. The position oversees and coordinates facility use by the community and outside groups at each of the district properties.
SKILLS AND TRAINING:
• Bachelor’s degree in Facilities Management preferred.
• Five years or more experience in supervision of facilities management, construction management or technology, or commensurate experience.
• Experience with blueprint reading, use of power tools, energy management, construction management or technology and facilities management computer systems.
• Windows Word, Excel and PDF computer skills.
• Current MA drivers license
Director of Finance and Business Operations
All maintenance, grounds and security personnel, wastewater operators, vendors, contractors and tradespersons
To insure best practice with the daily operations of buildings and grounds in a friendly positive manner.
1. Management of the district’s buildings and grounds operations including planning, scheduling, and oversight of the work requests, building repairs, preventive maintenance, inventory control and supervision of maintenance and grounds staff members.
2. Overseeing and implementing preventive maintenance programs for the district’s mechanical, electrical, and security and HVAC systems.
3. Training of staff.
4. Assisting with the development of documented Standard Operating Procedures, including the Maintenance, Grounds, Security, Wastewater Operations, and Facility Use Operations.
5. Assuring the safe and efficient operation of the physical plant and life safety systems
6. Assuring code and regulatory compliance with OSHA, EPA, DEP national and local regulations.
7. Prepares Bids and Requests for Proposals (RFP) as required.
JUDGMENT AND INITIATIVE:
Performs highly responsible duties requiring extensive judgment in the care, maintenance and oversight of all school buildings and grounds.
Normally works in conjunction with the Principals and Maintenance Lead, reporting any unusual circumstances or concerns to the Director of Finance and Business Operations as needed.
Has access to limited confidential information related to employee performance issues.
Performs duties requiring occasional exposure to variable weather conditions and hazards associated with construction sites.
Moderate to strenuous physical effort required when performing construction and maintenance duties. Office duties require minimal physical effort.
Possibility of injury due to manual nature of activities, use of power equipment and exposure to adverse weather.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The work year for the Head of Buildings and Grounds shall be twelve months (261 days) with salary, benefits, and working conditions established by the Superintendent.
Performance to be evaluated annually by the Director of Finance and Business Operations.
(This position description is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.)
- Position Type: Full-time
- Positions Available: 1
- Job Categories: Support Staff > Custodian
Support Staff > Maintenance
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sandwich Public Schools is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Citizenship, residency or work visa required
There ARE NO application questions required FOR this job posting.
- Michelle Austin , School Business Administrator
- 365 Quaker Meetinghouse Road
- Suite A
- East Sandwich, Massachusetts 02537
- Phone: 508-888-1054
- Email: click here
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.