Facilities Director – Old Colony Regional Voc Tech HS (Rochester, MA)
December 7, 2018 at 10:06 am #34749TomParticipant
THIS POSITION IS FILLED AND POSTING IS CLOSED.
Under the general supervision of the Superintendent of Schools, this position directs and manages the operation of the Department including School Custodians and Building Maintenance staff of approximately 10 for a Vocational School District on an 80-acre campus. Seeking a highly responsible manager who will plan, organize, direct and control all aspects of the Department operations, inclusive of building maintenance, plumbing, heating and air conditioning, electric as well as building security, grounds, construction projects and all other facility related management for the School buildings and properties.
Demonstrated management experience is essential as well as comprehensive knowledge of codes, modern principles and practices of building and facilities maintenance and construction. A Bachelor’s degree is preferred, preferably in construction management, project management, public administration, business administration, architecture, engineering or a related field. A minimum of 5 years of municipal management experience is desired. A minimum of ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in the field of building maintenance and construction is preferred. Valid driver’s license required. CORI and fingerprints required.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Daily oversight and supervision of Maintenance and Custodial staff
- Prioritization and scheduling of daily workloads and summer projects
- Oversight of seasonal tasks for grounds, athletic fields and snow removal
- The Facilities Manager is an active member of the snow removal team and physically assists Maintenance / Custodial staff with hands on projects when needed
- Executes and oversees preventive maintenance assignments
- Maintains custody and safe keeping of all documents, files and records pertinent to facilities operations as required by town, state or federal regulations
- Assures compliance with town, state and federal regulations related to facilities operations
- Monitors the districts energy management system and maintains energy system schedules for use of the building
- Notifies the Superintendent-Director on updated capital project needs and the need for immediate extraordinary repairs
- Works with the Business Office on purchase orders, invoices and annual budget needs
- Oversees contracted services as they pertain to facilities operations and coordinates with vendors on outsourced projects that are beyond the scope of facilities staff
- Oversees domestic water supply operations and compliance with state and federal regulations regarding the same
- Works with any committee involved with school building upgrade, renovation or construction projects
- Must be available to respond to after-hours emergencies
- Establishes objectives resulting in a continuing program of professional growth
- Remains professionally current through professional organizations
- Conduct continuing staff training and retraining including but not limited to OSHA, EPA compliance, asbestos and MSDS
- Any and all other duties assigned by the Principal or Superintendent-Director
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Certified/Certifiable in domestic water operations with Grade D1 and T1 Licenses preferred or a working knowledge of such systems and state/federal regulations to be able to work with a contracted Licensed Operator
- Good interpersonal , computer and oral/ written communication skills
- Working technical knowledge of mechanical, plumbing, electrical and HVAC systems and ability to read blue prints
- Construction supervisor’s license preferred
- Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, climbing ladders and working in hot or cold environments
Salary Range: $70,000 – $85,000 with benefits package
Interested candidates should forward a cover letter, resume, and three letters of reference to:
Aaron Polansky, Superintendent-Director
Old Colony Regional Vocational Technical High School
476 North Avenue
Rochester, MA 02770
- This topic was modified 4 months ago by Ken Wertz, MFAA Exec.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.