Woburn Public Library – Facilties/IT Coordinator
January 31, 2019 at 8:18 am #34887David DunkleyParticipant
Woburn Public Library
Facilities/IT Coordinator Job Opening
POSTING DATE: January 2018 DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open Until Filled
POSITION STATUS: Regular Full Time SALARY RANGE: $65,000 – $70,000
The Facilities/IT Coordinator oversees two of the most important library operations, facilities management and information technology. This individual is responsible for the scheduling and supervision of custodial/cleaning operations and the timely maintenance of all mechanical and operational systems. Also supervises plans, recommends, analyzes and coordinates the automation, communication and on-line systems within the Library.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing cleaning/maintenance schedules for and providing supervision of all custodial staff.
- Developing maintenance schedules for all mechanical and operational equipment.
- Performing maintenance, custodial, or other tasks as required.
- Hiring and overseeing appropriate vendors to provide needed services.
- Developing schedules and overseeing grounds keeping tasks.
- Purchase of needed equipment and supplies, ensuring compliance with LEED initiative.
- Available for various shifts including nights and weekends.
- Respond to after hour emergencies.
- Day to day responsibility for the successful operation of all internal library IT systems
- Installing and troubleshooting IT equipment and software
- Coordinating the interfacing of library IT with the City’s Chief Innovation Officer
- Interfacing with various vendors
- Providing IT training and instruction for library staff and patrons
<u>Preferred Requirements and Qualifications</u>:
- <b>B.S. in Facilities Engineering</b>
- Experience as a Building Manager or equivalent field experience including: working knowledge of building HVAC, plumbing, electrical systems, and DDC & building automation controls.
- Comprehensive training and certification in HVAC.
- Computer skills necessary to operate computer systems for applicable equipment, as well as for day-to-day work and communications.
- Ability to develop and maintain record keeping systems and procedures (i.e.: door key assignment and distribution).
- Knowledge of property management principles, procedures, and standards as applied to public facilities.
- Knowledge of mandatory safety system testing and documentation requirements, (fire protection systems, elevator, laboratory acid waste neutralization, etc.)
- Extensive knowledge of security systems, CCTV, access controls and cards, electronic doors and hardware.
Woburn Public Library in an Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualified candidates please send letter of interest and resume to:
Elaine Pruyne, Director of Human Resources
10 Common Street
Woburn, MA 01801
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.