Town of Falmouth Facilities Manager
July 14, 2020 at 9:59 am #37206Ken Wertz, MFAA ExecKeymasterhttps://www.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=2bd33d1911fb0c61&from=ja&from=mobRdr&alid=5b965b279008ee3589b58dc2&tk=1ed6ini5p0bms001&utm_source=jobseeker_emails&utm_source=%2Fm%2F&utm_medium=email&utm_medium=redir&utm_campaignrs=job_alerts&utm_campaign=dtSupervises the custodial and maintenance staff for town buildings. Develops and administers Divisional budget, work schedules and plans assignments. Establishes work methods and procedures; oversees human resources and administers disciplinary actions, interviews applicants and makes recommendations for hiring; makes recommendations for disciplinary action up to and including termination of personnel. Must analyze complex technical issues related to facilities requiring the exercise of considerable independent judgement. Develops five year capital plan for facility repair projects. Initiates and maintains contracts with several regulatory agencies to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations. Develops prioritized schedules for facility repairs / maintenance and coordinates work projects with other town departments. Processes departmental bills, payroll. Prepares bid specifications for purchase of services / materials / equipment, obtains cost estimates and administers service contracts for janitorial, electrical, HVAC, elevator maintenance. Attends meetings relating to public and employee safety. Initiates safety inspections. Investigates requests for service and public complaints. Reviews and approves requisitions for materials, supplies and equipment. Develops and implements Standard Operating Procedures. Develops and implements safety programs and training in accordance with regulations and policies. Ensures program compliance. Makes frequent contact with other agencies, departments, officials, developers and the general public which require courtesy, tact and the ability to influence others. Oversees construction and maintenance repair projects for all municipal buildings and facilities. Ensures adherence to the Americans” with Disabilities Act of municipal building construction. Investigates veracity and remediation of public”s complaints relating to municipal facilities. Create reports and visual records of projects. Directs snow and ice clearing activities at municipal buildings and lots. May operate vehicles or equipment for snow and ice control functions.
Performs other similar or related work as required, or as situation dictates. Recommended Minimum Qualifications
Education and Experience – Associate”s Degree in facilities management or business administration; five years increasingly responsible experience in building trades, three of which include supervisory responsibility; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge – Of hazards and safety precautions necessary in performance of duties; thorough knowledge of building construction principles; knowledge of state and federal building requirements. Ability – to communicate effectively orally and establish and maintain effective working relationships with contractors; ability to oversee and maintain facilities and equipment; ability to evaluate problems and make decisions regarding the proper course of action. Must be able to communicate complex information to others and discuss supervisory matters in a manner that will obtain cooperation using persuasion to influence the behavior of others. Skill – Supervisory and organizational skills; conflict resolution; data entry and computer skills Physical Requirements
Minimal physical effort is required to perform administrative duties; moderate effort is required during storm emergencies. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, speak and hear, and occasionally lift or move objects weighing up to sixty pounds. Vision requirements include the ability to read documents, view a computer screen, operate a motor vehicle Additional Information
Works under the administrative direction of the Director of Public Works;
Supervises more than ten full-time equivalent employees
Most work is performed in typical office conditions with some exposure to variable weather conditions; response to natural emergencies requires exposure to severe weather conditions; the workload is subject to fluctuations, due to weather conditions; carries department-issued cell phone and is on call to respond to requests for assistance and building alarms and weather emergencies; may work weekends and evenings overseeing construction and maintenance projects.
Operates standard office equipment, light trucks, various meters and photographic equipment.
Has extensive contact with other town departments, agencies, contractors and the general public requiring courtesy and tact.
Has access to department-oriented confidential information, including personnel records, legal proceedings, and bid documents.
Errors in decisions could result in personal injury, delay or loss of service, monetary loss, injury to others, damage to buildings or equipment and have legal repercussions
Certified Building Operator”s License
Valid Massachusetts motor vehicle operator”s license
Application Special Instructions
Preference Date: Position open until filled with preliminary review of applications to begin on August 3, 2020Town of Falmouth, MA – Today – save jobAugust 3, 2020 at 4:59 pm #37685
Dear Town of Falmouth,
I am applying for the Facilities Management posting. I believe my experiences in Facilities Management, and with my Engineering background in Facilities and Construction/renovations and staff management, would be asset to your facility.
Along with prioritizing all Life Safety and security systems, budgeting for generators, fire suppression, capital projects, permitting for compliance, and record keeping for local authorities, ensure communication up and downstream. I’m also MCPPO certified and have Project Management skills for a variety of projects and build ups. I had been with the Town of Dedham MA as Assistant Director of Facilities and Maintenance.
I’ve performed supervision for facilities in retail environments, laboratories, generators, manufacturing environments, labs with clean rooms, and PPE/OSHA requirements, cGMP’s, wastewater and plating tanks, construction, service contracts with oversight of all life safety systems, kitchen fire suppression systems, vertical transportation, energy & building automation, office and commercial building experience, while always considering customer/stakeholder needs, with communication and facilities operations while working, to accommodate any business timeframe impact.
Please review and feel free to contact me, as I would welcome an interview at your convenience.
Michael P. McGahan
<u>Education and Certifications</u>
BS Engineering Technology, Wentworth Institute of Technology, Boston MA
Facilities Management Certification, Wentworth Institute of Technology, Boston MA
Construction Management Certification, Wentworth Institute of Technology, Boston MA
MA Master Electrician License #14266A
Certified Plant Maintenance Manager, Association for Facilities Engineering
HVACR Universal License #049900005
MA Real Estate Salesperson License #9523255
NSC CPR & First Aid certified
Siemens Oversight Station, JCI, Invensys Building Management user experience
<u>Pfizer Pharmaceuticals Andover MA</u>
Engineering Facilities Operations Manager
- Manage trades staff for 24/7 plant cGMP operations, with over 1.5 million square feet
- Interact and communicate with security for cctv and associated electronic safety systems
- Interact with management & Engineering group for building needs and service requests
- Oversight of over 30 vertical transportation units
- Interact with custodial and Environmental Health & Safety for lab moisture, temperature and pressure monitoring and corrections
- Budget oversight for maximum savings with cost controls
- Preventative maintenance and compliance for 7 buildings facilities’ requirements
- Maintain cGMP for all clean rooms, mechanical and electrical equipment
<u>Town of Dedham MA</u>
Assistant Director of Facilities & Maintenance, Schools & Town Buildings
5/2019- 2/2020 (shift was 11am-7pm)
- Coordinate & manage daily operations, capital projects, through renovations to new construction
- Oversee Union staff of up to 50 people
- Project management & Construction monitoring
- Aurora security system access and controls oversight: Interact and communicate with security and Police department for cctv and associated electronic safety systems
- Assist and obtain bids from vendors, scope of work outline
- Day to day operations for a town with 21 buildings including, Police & Fire stations, swimming pool building, schools and town offices and multi-purpose buildings
- Budgetary preparation for Capital and Operating expenses
- All systems oversight and strategic recommendations
- Massachusetts Certified Public Purchasing Overview, Design & Services, Supplies and Contract courses/certification, through the MA Inspector General’s office
<u>TE Connectivity </u>
Facility Manager, Norwood MA (plant closure imminent)
1/2018-5/2019 Master Electrician 4/1996-8/2000
- Building mechanical, electrical, Life Safety systems, landscaping, janitorial and grounds as well as vertical transportation oversight and contract management
- Managed day to day operations for a manufacturing facility in Norwood MA Machine shop, with over 132 screw machines such as Hyrdromatics, Stars, Nakamuras, Citizen Cincoms, Tornos Decos, plating center, and assembly for data and devices
- Equipment maintained and installed, for high temperature brazing, hermetic high heat BTU treatment furnaces, Blue M ovens, as well as Annealing equipment
- Staff of 12 technicians, for building & machinery equipment
- Project oversight & recommendations for LED upgrades, roof project, compressor, chiller and boiler room upgrades, with 2-150 horsepower Cleaver Brooks process boilers
- Oversee and implement infrared and thermal scanning, ultrasonic testing/preventative maintenance program for 3000 & 4000 amp 480 volt services 13,800 volt feeder vault, power factor correction units, and ancillary equipment
- <u> Ryan Electric Company </u>
Electrical Project Manager, Weymouth MA
7/2016- 12/2017 Project supervision & oversight for commercial installations with any & all electrical power and facility requirements in critical data center rooms, retail stores, banks, office environments.
- Work included electrical service distribution installation and project oversight for banks, retail department stores, hospitals, generator systems preventative maintenance systems, battery system checks, Building Automation Systems, UPS systems, IT Data Centers, with Liebert, Tripp Lite cooling units, as well as chillers and cooling towers.
<u>Wentworth Institute of Technology</u>
Electrical Coordinator, Wentworth Institute of Technology Boston MA
- Mechanical Electrical Plumbing Group, Electrical Manager
- Responsibilities include all aspects of operations. Buildings and grounds, code compliances, schedules and planning in all academic, administrative and residence halls with over three thousand residents.
- Direct union staff oversight, with up to 27 staff reports, primarily 6-12. This includes managing multiple budgets and Administrative Policies, with energy management, sustainability initiatives, events support and oversight of over 1 million square feet in 35 buildings, apx 40 acres, with 3,000 residents.
- Hire and recommend vendors and contractual services.
- Managing operational accounts for elevators, emergency generators, life safety systems including fire alarm, dust collectors, fire suppression, carbon monoxide and gas detection.
- Electrical supplies account, inventory control and CMMS work order system.
- Maintain and schedule OSHA safety training programs for all Physical Plant Employees.
- Member of campus Sustainability Committee.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.