Taunton Superintendent of Public Buildings (Dept. of Public Works)
March 26, 2018 at 5:30 pm #33492Ken Wertz, MFAA ExecKeymaster
The City of Taunton Department of Public Works is seeking to fill the position of Superintendent of Buildings who directs the repairs and maintenance of all City owned buildings. Manages and directs the construction and renovations of these buildings. Technically known as the Supervisor of Public Buildings Division of the Department of Public Works. This position works under the direction of the Mayor, Department of Public Works Commissioner and Municipal Council and reports to the Department of Public Works Commissioner. This is a City of Taunton Management Association position.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary duties and responsibilities listed below are intended only as an illustration of the various types of work that must be pe,formed in order for the incumbent to meet the essential functions of this position. Any and all other duties are as negotiated
• Must have excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Attends meetings as required by the Mayor and Municipal Council.
• Appoints and supervises all office and clerical staff in accordance with MGL Chapter 31.
• Supervises a skilled technical staff of more than two; ensures that they are properly trained and
licensed as required.
• Prepares and implements the annual department budgets and reports.
• Acts as the Contracting Officer.
• Works with Owners Project Manager on high cost building projects.
• Develops and implements projects that are governed under various state contract and procurement laws, including Chapters 149, 30 Sec. 39M, 25A, 30B and 7C Sec. 44-57.
• Responsible for submitting all documentation for reimbursements of projects under the School Building Assistance (SBA) Program.
• Provides proper facility maintenance and oversees all construction and renovation of City
• Monitors SOMWBA/MBE/WBE projects as associated with public buildings projects.
• Ensures compliance with all relative local, state and federal regulations.
• Any additional duties as assigned by the DPW Commissioner.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s Degree in construction or facilities management, engineering or architecture or related field preferred; or a combination of related training courses, certifications or licenses in building construction or facilities management, extensive OPM experience, building construction supervision, licensed building inspector or a combination and related experience. MCPPO certification required or ability to obtain such with 12 months. Relevant work experience or completion of an asbestos awareness class for building managers or equivalent or ability to complete such within 12 months.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.