Lincoln-Sudbury Reg. Schools Maintenance Technician posting
June 1, 2020 at 10:50 am #37080Ken Wertz, MFAA ExecKeymaster
LINCOLN – SUDBURY REGIONAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
390 LINCOLN ROAD
SUDBURY, MA 01776
2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR
Weekday Shift Monday – Friday 6:30 am – 3:00 pm
Lincoln-Sudbury Regional High School is searching for a Full-Time Maintenance Technician. The Maintenance Technician will maintain a safe, comfortable, and functional environment in all School District Buildings in a cost effective, customer oriented manner that helps the School District fulfill its mission of service to its students, faculty and community and protects the capital investments made by the School District in its Public Facilities.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Massachusetts driver’s license.
- Successful completion of a Criminal Record check (C.O.R.I.), National Background Check (fingerprinting) and a pre-placement medical examination.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in building maintenance trades or three (3) years’ experience in the specific licensed trade required.
- Demonstrated interest working in a school environment.
- Licensed technicians must have a current Massachusetts license in the specific trade (Masters preferred) with a thorough knowledge of the Code of Mass. Regulations (C.M.R.) for that specific trade.
- Ability to perform emergency and routine repairs and preventive maintenance.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Good oral and written skills.
- Demonstrated ability to perform a wide variety of skilled and unskilled maintenance tasks using hand or power tools and related equipment to maintain buildings and equipment as detailed in the performance responsibilities as outlined below.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
General Performance Responsibilities:
- Perform emergency repairs to School District buildings and equipment.
- Participate in semiannual and annual preventive maintenance inspections on all building systems.
- Keep the Director of Facilities informed of the progress of the work and any significant developments as they occur.
- Identify and correct health and safety issues in a timely manner.
- Building Security, responsible for working with Administrators and staff to maintain a safe and healthy atmosphere for students and staff through the monitoring and supervision of the campus.
- Keep work areas clean and clear of debris.
- Perform other miscellaneous related duties as required by the Director of Facilities.
Primary Performance Responsibilities:
- Perform corrective action and preventive maintenance regarding building systems.
- Assist in the development, ongoing updating, and implementation of the building preventive maintenance plan.
- Estimate and obtain materials and supplies required to complete an assignment according to established guidelines.
- Assure compliance with building, health, and safety codes.
- Maintain records of work performed including labor and materials used; receive work orders and determine priorities.
- Work from plans, oral instruction, sketches and blueprints as well as assisting the Facilities Director with the review of construction documents for both new and renovation projects.
- Perform energy management duties in electrical, lighting, HVAC, controls, building envelope infrastructures and equipment.
- Clean, maintain and repair shop tools and equipment.
- Perform other similar and related duties as may be assigned by the Facilities Coordinator, or as situation dictates.
Primary Performance Responsibilities as they apply to licensed tradesmen:
- Perform electrical work requiring a Massachusetts Electricians License including, but not limited to, the wiring of new areas, replacement of electrical fixtures and equipment, troubleshooting and correcting electrical problems, while following all requirements of the C.M.R. for electrical work.
- Perform plumbing work requiring a Massachusetts Plumbing License including but not limited to, the installation, repair, and maintenance of plumbing fixtures, piping and re-piping of water, gas, and drain lines, installation and repair of heating equipment, and troubleshooting and correcting plumbing problems, while following all requirements of the C.M.R. for plumbing work.
H.V.A.C. Technician Specific:
- Perform H.V.A.C. (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning) work requiring a Massachusetts H.V.A.C. License including but not limited to, installation, repair and maintenance of heating and ventilation equipment including unit ventilators, air-conditioning equipment, knowledge and expertise in both pneumatic and digital controls, and troubleshooting and correcting H.V.A.C. problems while following all requirements of the C.M.R. for H.V.A.C. work.
Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator and Backup Operator Specific:
- Perform all operations and maintenance for the wastewater treatment facility. Work involves responsibility for all technical aspects of plant operations, compliance with Federal, State and Local regulations governing wastewater treatment processes. Perform maintenance repair, installation of the physical plant, pump station and all of its components.
- Perform a variety of carpentry work including but not limited to, construction of or repair of wooden/metal fixtures such as trim, window frames, counter tops, and furniture. Preparation and painting of wood, metal, and concrete structures. Installation of drop ceilings. Troubleshooting and correcting structural problems while following all of the C.M.R. for building and construction work.
Miscellaneous Performance Responsibilities:
- All licensed and unlicensed technicians may be required to assist others in the various trades toward the completion of assignments as discussed in the specific trades above but not limited to them.
Essential Functions of a Maintenance Position:
Must possess the ability to:
- Perform a wide variety of general maintenance work, either related to an employee’s license or not, regarding the maintenance and repair of School District facilities and equipment.
- Work independently with little direction and manage multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
- Ability to handle stressful situations and to maintain confidential information.
- Prioritize, schedule, and review work while meeting such schedules and timelines and maintain records of work. Attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing.
- Effectively and safely operate a variety of tools and equipment per specific trade or in general use.
- Interpret, explain, and apply codes, rules and regulations involved in the employee’s specific licensed trade.
- Make arithmetic calculations quickly and accurately.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with coworkers, administrators, faculty and staff, and the public.
Please submit a letter of interest, transcripts, resume, and letters of recommendation
through SchoolSpring.com by June 12, 2020.
Please note: School Spring is our preferred method of application, however, if you wish to apply by mail/e-mail, please send the required items to:
Lincoln-Sudbury Regional High School
390 Lincoln Road
Sudbury, MA 01776
Lincoln-Sudbury Regional High School is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation. We are proud to be an Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.