- MFAA Feb. 21st 1/2 Day Institute
February 21, 2019
8:30 am - 1:00 pm
We have another amazing 1/2 Day Institute set up for you all. We are going to host this event at Assabet Valley HS and have the event catered by the culinary program at the school. Our amazing President, Wayne Miller, came up with this idea to help support our own schools and students. The MFAA is excited and thankful that Assabet is willing and able to help and support us with this vision.
Agenda for Thursday, Feb. 21:
8:30 am – 9:00 am: Registration Continental Breakfast
9:00 am -9:50 am: Contract Negotiations Do’s and Dont’s
– Joseph T. Bartulis, Jr., Esq.; Labor and Employment Law Practice Group Chair@ Fletcher Tilton PC
9:50 am – 10:40: Construction Law and Bid Protests Best Practices
– Deborah A. Anderson, Assistant Attorney General Commonwealth of Massachusetts; Construction Bid Unit
10:45 am – 11:00 am: Coffee
11:00 am – 11:50 am: A Systematic Approach to Evaluating the Building Enclosure
– Ed Stewart & Brian Neely; Gale Associates, Inc.
11:50 am – 12:30 pm: OSHA Update and Review for Municipal Employer/Employees
– Mary Dozois, Supervisor, Workplace Safety and Health Program for Public Employees; MA Department of Labor Safety
12:30 pm – 1:30 pm: Lunch served at the EPI Cafe’ (created by culinary arts department)