October 3, 2017 at 7:34 am #32808
TOWN OF NORFOLK
ONE LIBERTY LANE
NORFOLK, MASSACHUSETTS 02056
HVAC Technician / Building Maintenance Position Opening
The Town of Norfolk has an immediate opening for a full-time HVAC Technician / Building Maintenance employee. The incumbent performs general HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning) maintenance and repair duties in all municipal structures within the Town of Norfolk. Building Maintenance duties will include general building maintenance repairs.
Specific duties include:
• Perform corrective actions to repair, replace, balance fans, blowers, motors, filters, belts, compressors, Variable Frequency Drives, AC vents, ducts, pumps, heat exchangers, chilled water, hot water, and other fluid systems.
• Monitor and calibrate air-handling systems; make adjustments as needed.
• Maintains, troubleshoots, repairs, replaces HVAC/R equipment which may or may not contain refrigerants, such as, but not limited to: packaged rooftop equipment, oil burners, gas burners, split system air conditioners, package air conditioners, chillers, pumps, refrigerated air driers, heating equipment, VRF heat pumps, etc.
• Make repairs as directed from the Director of Facilities. Repairs to include but not limited to, plumbing repairs, re-lamping lighting fixtures, building security, inspections of buildings, and other duties as required.
• Coordinate building repairs with Director of Facilities.
• Current and valid driver’s license required.
• Massachusetts Refrigeration Technicians License required.
• EPA # 608 Refrigerant Certification (Universal) required.
• 3-5 years’ experience in commercial building heating, ventilation, air conditioning systems, and associated equipment and controls required
• Extensive knowledge of Building Management Systems required.
• Massachusetts Oil Burner certificate highly preferred.
• Massachusetts sheet metal license and the ability to troubleshoot electro-pneumatic systems preferred.
Performs Building Maintenance and Preventative Maintenance as needed.
• Conducts building inspections weekly.
• Maintains clean/safe mechanical spaces.
• Assist town departments with installation/maintenance requests.
Education, Experience and Requirements:
• Successful CORI and Fingerprinting
• High School or Trade School Diploma
1. Environmental Parameters:
• Ability to work in an environment with conditions, which may include fumes, odors, gases, chemicals, and dust as well as noise decibels in the range of 65-100; in all weather conditions (hot, cold, humid, dry, and wet); at heights on top of buildings; and in all conditions and situations in which there is a danger to life, health, or bodily injury, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical shock, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to reactive agents, chemical agents and biological substances.
2. Physical Demands:
• Strength: Ability to lift/move items weighing up to 70 pounds frequently, up-to 100 pounds occasionally.
• Type: Ability to stand for extended periods of time. Ability to crouch, crawl, and work in confined spaces. Ability to ascend and descend ladders, scaffolding and stairs. Ability to distinguish color-coded wires.
3. Work schedule:
• Position will be a 40-hour workweek, Monday thru Friday daytime shift. Must be able to work any shift assigned, including weekends. Must be available to handle emergency and scheduled overtime as directed.
4. Equipment Used:
• Computers, telephones, volt meter, amp meters, airflow meters, combustion analyzers, airflow meters, power tools, leak detectors, tube benders, coil cleaning agents, soldering/brazing equipment, hand tools, and other equipment.
Salary Range $28.19-$41.73 per hour
To apply candidates must forward a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.