March 27, 2018 at 11:37 am #33508
After 24 years as Supervisor of Buildings and Grounds and 9 as an educator, it’s time to call it a day. Looking to fill my position by June 1 or thereabouts.
Please see posting:
Tyngsborough Public Schools
To apply for this position, please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
•Three Letters of Recommendation
•Applicable License(s) / Certification(s)
Dr. Michael Flanagan
Superintendent of Schools
50 Norris Road
Tyngsborough, MA 01879
Job Description: Supervisor of Buildings and Grounds
The Supervisor of Buildings and Grounds will be responsible for supporting the academic mission by overseeing the planning, operation, and maintenance of District’s Facilities and Grounds.
The Supervisor will be instrumental in providing leadership in ensuring the School’s facilities meet the changing needs of its academic programs, faculty and students; and also be responsible for managing the upkeep of existing facilities including capital projects, proactively managing utility costs and energy conservation and ensuring a safe and secure campus environment.
The Supervisor of Buildings and Grounds plans the operation and maintenance, and oversees the building(s) mechanical and electrical systems, athletic fields and grounds, custodial and maintenance staff and other related services for the TPS.
● Minimum of Bachelor’s degree
● Construction Supervisor’s License preferred
● 5 years of related leadership experience
● Other applicable trade licenses preferred
● MCPPO certified or willingness to be certified
● The successful candidate must have previous leadership experience in facility support services including skills in financial and asset management, as well as capital planning management.
● Must possess a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
The essential functions or duties listed below are intended only as an illustration of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
● Plan, organize coordinate and supervise the operating budget, operation of maintenance, repair, alteration and construction of school assets and systems.
● Oversee custodial, maintenance and grounds personnel, service contract providers and contractors to coordinate and prioritize day-to-day support services and work projects; assign, review and evaluate the work of in-house personnel and service providers involved in each of their assignments.
● Plan, organize, coordinate and oversee day-to-day maintenance activities in the operation, maintenance, and management of custodial, maintenance and grounds personnel, service providers, and construction firms including HVAC, plumbing, sewer and water, electrical, carpentry, elevators, painting, locksmith, fire protection and fire alarm and security systems to assure the proper and efficient management of the school(s).
● Manage the building automation and energy management programs, preventive maintenance and associated service contracts, utility systems and school assets to determine needed maintenance and repairs.
● Review work in progress and assure proper completion of work orders, contracts, and new Capital construction projects.
● Facilities Troubleshooting: Analyze technical and operational problems and devise technical solutions or processes to address those problems. This could involve a wide range of issues relating to site and utilities, building envelope, machinery and equipment, mechanical, environmental issues, building code and regulatory issues.
● Assist in the development and implementation of a detailed Capital Plan to maintain and improve the overall facilities.
● Interface with local community activities, town agencies and member community’s police and fire departments.
● Manage, monitor and report on annual operating costs and budget expenditures for all support services. Manage and follow-up on purchase orders to assure the timely and proper payment for all supplies and services purchased.
● Supervise and evaluate the performance of all assigned staff; assign and review work and participate in the selection of new personnel as assigned.
● Recommend and participate in disciplinary action as needed.
● Conduct inspections and recommend the removal of fire, safety, or health hazards.
● Coordinate and implement the lawful management of asbestos, lead, and other health-related compounds present in facilities. Oversee the safekeeping and proper disposal waste and instruct staff in safe and proper work practices.
● Facilitate the coordination of large projects including deferred maintenance, preventive maintenance, energy conservation, asbestos removal, mold removal and capital projects.
● Prepare and maintain Independent Pest Management Program
● Read and interpret building plans, blueprints and specifications and assure conformance with building and safety codes, regulations and requirements.
● Prepare and maintain records, files, logs, and reports related to personnel, inventory, work requests, work performed, vandalism, and safety issues.
● Responsible for directing snow plowing and removal on all school properties.
● Performs other such duties as may be assigned by the Superintendent of Schools.
Terms of Employment:
Work Year: Full Year
Benefits: As negotiated by the Superintendent of Schools
Rate of Pay: Individual Contract
Salary Range: $85,000 – $95,000
The Supervisor of Buildings and Grounds is on-call for all emergency situations 24 hours per day. The incumbent must be able to hear and speak to exchange information and make presentations; walk to conduct inspections; bend and the waist and sit or stand for extended periods of time: must be able to lift, bend, push, and move objects weighing up to 25 lbs and climb ladders indoors and outdoors to get on the roof.
Environment: Indoor/outdoor work environment; subject to driving a vehicle to conduct work
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.