February 1, 2018 at 11:14 am #33226
School Springs: https://www.schoolspring.com/job.cfm?jid=2881074
NEWTON PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Department: Facilities Department
Job Title: Physical Plant Manager FLSA Status:
(Exempt/Non-exempt) Exempt, Non-Aligned
Supervisor: Director of Facilities
GENERAL DESCRIPTION (1-3 LINES DESCRIBING ROLE)
The Physical Plant Manager is responsible for the daily operations of public school buildings with regard to all mechanical equipment and physical plant systems relating to EMS, BMS, HVAC, plumbing, and normal and emergency power generation. The Physical Plant Manager is assigned to the Facilities Department of the Newton Public Schools and reports to the Director of Facilities. The Physical Plant Manager works directly with school principals, the City of Newton Public Buildings Department, contracted vendors, senior custodial staff, and the school facility maintenance staff.
– Experience (Required/Preferred)
– Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical engineering or related field preferred.
– A minimum of five (5) years as a Building Manager or equivalent field experience including a working knowledge of medium capacity (50,000 sf or larger) buildings with regard to HVAC, plumbing supply and waste, electrical power distribution, emergency electrical systems, access control, alarm systems, and DDC and pneumatic controls systems.
– Minimum of five (5) years experience in the implementation, operation, programming, and execution of building automation systems.
– Strong computer skills utilizing word processing, spreadsheets, database creation and management, and email applications.
– Ability to read and understand complex commercial level building, site, and systems architectural and engineering plans and blueprints.
– Demonstrate effective communication skills and colleagues, staff, administration, and City Officials.
– Ability to collaborate with school and City Officials on matters relating to physical plant operations.
– Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
– Must be available for various shifts and to occasionally work extended hours, nights, and weekends to manage necessary repairs.
– Must be available to respond to after hours emergencies.
– Ability to access networked EMS and BMS systems from off-site locations including home.
– Knowledge of property management principles, procedures, and standards applicable to public facilities.
– Knowledge of mandatory safety system testing and documentation requirements.
– Establish, maintain and execute preventative maintenance program for plant mechanical systems.
– Manage and execute controls programming related to DDC, EMS, Access Control, and BMS systems.
– Manage the functionality of access control and security systems.
– Manage and assist in the distribution of services through the school CMMS and the Facilities Director.
– Communicate with the building based staff with regard to plant operational deficiencies, assist in the generation of work orders, and assign work to be completed in an expeditious manner.
– Assist in technical training, skill enhancement, and proper diagnostic techniques with specified personnel.
– Perform regular general inspections of existing plant operations issues, new issues, and generate operational improvement plan as necessary.
– Assist in identifying life cycle parameters for major equipment/systems for inclusion in the City of Newton CIP.
– Communicate with contracted service vendors in relation to best practices implementation, timely completion of services, and minimizing school educational interruptions.
– Promote and contribute to the overall effort in maintaining a high standard in the operation of school building and foster positive staff relations through daily work practices.
– Frequent periods spent bending, stooping, lifting objects, work on ladders, scaffolding, roofs, catwalks, and high places.
– May require the exercise of caution when operating equipment and handling chemicals or toxic materials and the utilization of proper sanitary precautions when handling trash, garbage, or other potential hazards.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.