July 31, 2017 at 8:31 am #32604
Ken Wertz, MFAA ExecKeymaster
Title: Director of Building Maintenance
Position: Full-time (40 hours per week)
Annual Salary Range: $103,760 – $116,211
The Town of Needham seeks a highly qualified individual for position of Director of Building Maintenance. Under the direction of the Director of Public Works, the Director of Building Maintenance will conceive and recommend a range of programs and services designed to support objectives and strategic planning initiatives for building maintenance operations Town-wide.
Duties and Responsibilities (these duties are a general summary and not all inclusive):
• Ensure the highest standards of workmanship, cleanliness, safety, and security are maintained at all municipal facilities
• Inspect and oversee maintenance and repair for all public schools and municipal buildings on a regular basis
• Oversee the work request and work order system; create and maintain a preventive maintenance program for school and municipal buildings
• Assist in the development of the annual operating and capital budgets for the division; direct and control annual expenditures within guidelines of the budget; maintain records on all repairs, equipment replacement and utility costs
• Develop and maintain building maintenance and capital replacement plans and schedule
• Oversee the Town’s energy resources management program; recommend and implement energy use reduction initiatives
• Assist in the preparation of specifications for purchase of materials, supplies and equipment necessary for the care and maintenance of buildings and grounds
• Coordinate effective service delivery for all public schools and municipal buildings in collaboration with shift supervisors
• Meet regularly with Superintendent of Schools, Town Manager, School principals and other administrators and department managers to receive input for Town-wide plans, programs and coordination of services
Knowledge and Experience:
To be considered for the position, applicants must have at least:
• Five (5) to seven (7) years of related experience in building maintenance and repair
• Knowledge of plant operations, maintenance and general building construction equivalent to completion of four years of college in a related field
• Ability to respond to the requirements of the various jurisdictions with a clear understanding of School Department and Town wide priorities
• Supervisory competence; ability to establish work procedures and performance standards, while providing ongoing professional development to staff working in remote locations
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills
• Construction Supervisor’s licensure
• MCCPO Purchasing and public bidding certificate
How to Apply:
Please forward your cover letter, resume and Town of Needham Employment Application (http://www.needhamma.gov/DocumentCenter/Home/View/766) in any of the following ways:
Mail: Human Resources Department, 1471 Highland Avenue, Needham, MA 02492.
Applications will be accepted until 5 PM on Friday August 18, 2017
The Town of Needham is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.